Sunday, August 3, 2008

Kinda unproductive!

So far my iPhone has been holding me hostage with it's newness today. My productivity has not improved and the lack of a to-do list native on the iPhone is plain silly. I will attempt to use Jott as a productivity tool for now and see how it works. I have to wonder how a smart group of Apple engineers omitted a function as crucial to a smart device as a to-do list--that's madness! OK, and mobileme strikes me as cumbersome and lacking in the ability to fully play nice with OS Tiger. Other than that, I love my shiny new iPhone.

Update: 6:02pm

I've been so engrossed with my iPhone I've missed my friend Suzanne's open studio (and feel shamed by this, too.) Since writing this post, on my iPhone which was slightly counterproductive, I've come across a couple of different apps to try. One is "Things" and the other is "Todo". Many in the iPhone apps community seem to like both and being my huge cross to bare is that of organization/prioritizing I've sprung for both. So far, Todo seems the more intuitive of the two and while coupled with "Toodledo" offers me the added bonus of goal setting. If they could add an SMS to inquire about how I'm doing with my goals, at a frequency of my choosing, I'd be grateful.

What I do like about Toodledo so far is the ability to assign e-mail or phone numbers via the iPhone's contacts--how easy is that? Very.

No comments: